SUArt Galleries will be providing a variety of educational materials related to the Michelangelo Exhibition.
The materials provided are for research and educational purposes only. Check this page frequently for updates.
- TEACHING PACKET - Ideas for classroom activities and more!
Created by the Curriculum Advisory Committee
- Michelangelo Biography
- Michelangelo Exhibition - Complete Object List
- Michelangelo Exhibition - Artwork/Object Images (jpeg format)
- Vocabulary Terms
- Wall Text (text only - ZIP file)
Recommended Reading (available in gallery store):
- Michelangelo by Howard Hibbard
- Michelangelo and The Pope's Ceiling by Ross King
For Further Research:
SUArt Galleries would like to thank the Curriculum Advisory Committee for their fantastic work in bringing together scholarly materials for the exhibition combined with New York State teaching/learning standards to create useful materials for educators intending to use this exhibition as a vehicle for learning in their classrooms and beyond.
- Deb Dahlin - Elmcrest Elementary School in the Liverpool School District
- Hannah Fancher - Weedsport High School
- Virginia Killmore - Tully High School
- Elaine Quick - SUArt Galleries
- Marsha Wheeler - Oswego BOCES Arts-In-Education